Photo Credit : Wikimedia
The Kowdiar Palace is located in Trivandrum and was built in year of 1934, during the reign of Maharaja Sree Chithira Thirunal on the occasion of wedding of his only sister, Maharani Karthika Thirunal Lakshmi Bai with Lieutenant Colonel G.V. Raja.
Following the Constitutional Amendment of 1971, place possessions were partitioned and equally divided among the Travancore Queens, Sethu Lakshmi Bai and Sethu Parvathi Bai. Today this palace belongs to the heirs of Sethu Paravathi Bai, as it was built by her son.
The architectural style of the palace is famous and it has more than 150 rooms. As this is the private residence of the royal family settled in Trivandrum, the entry to this palace is restricted.